TOP 10 Reasons About Why Owning a Pet is Healthy for Humans
Owning a pet is not just about companionship and unconditional love. It can also have significant health benefits for humans. From dogs and cats to fish and birds, owning a pet can have a positive impact on both our physical and mental wellbeing. Here are our top 10 beneficial reasons of pet ownership!
1. Having a pet can improve one's mental health and well-being by lowering stress and anxiety levels in humans.
2. The risk of heart disease and stroke is decreased in households with pets due to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
3. Maintaining and keeping a pet promotes physical exercise and can help people become more fit.
4. Pets offer emotional support and can lessen feelings of social isolation and loneliness, especially for persons who live alone.
5. Pet interaction has been demonstrated to stimulate oxytocin synthesis, which is a hormone that fosters feelings of love and attachment.
6. Having a pet can increase self-esteem and give them a feeling of purpose and accountability, especially to growing children.
7. According to studies, both adults and children who own pets can experience less sadness and anxiety.
8. Pets can act as social catalysts by communities of people who engage together and giving them something in common to talk about.
9. Cortisol, a hormone linked to stress, has been proven to drop in levels when people interact with pets and animals.
10. Owning a pet can improve quality of life by increasing overall pleasure and life satisfaction.