Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions:
- You can find information on how to take care of an axolotl, including their basic requirements, feeding, temperament, and care through our link:
- Having a cycled tank is crucial to owning an axolotl, and you can learn more about how to cycle your tank through our very detailed tank cycling guide:
- Our prices depend on the morphs, coloration, rarity, age, looks, and bloodline. Each of our axolotls is one of a kind and unique in their own way! Feel free to reach out to us through email or social media if you have questions about any of our axolotls or looking for a certain type. You can find out what we have available and their prices through this link:
- Axolotls are impossible to tell gender until they are at least 6-8 months old, so if you choose to order a baby axolotl from us, we won’t be able to guarantee gender. We can only guarantee gender on certain sub adults and adults if they do become available, and we will state so in the listings.
- We don’t provide specific pictures of the Ivy’s Choice Listings. The reason is because due to the amount of orders we get from the Ivy’s Choice listings, it is not possible to provide pictures for every single order, which is why we offer them at a discount. Only the babies that have their own individual listings will have their pictures taken. However, we always hand-pick the best looking babies to send out! If you have preferences on the baby you would like us to pick out, please include instructions in the note section at check out and we will try our best to pick out one that fits the descriptions as best as possible among the babies we have available.
- We do take reservations on axolotls if you would like a certain morph that we don’t have available at the moment. Simply shoot us an inquiry on our social media (Facebook, Instagram) or to our email and we will help you get on the list! Please note that we require at least a 50% non-refundable deposit to get on our list, but most of the time you will be asked to pay in full since we only take serious inquiries.
- Yes that is possible! Please include in the note section at check out that you would like us to hold the baby until you are ready to reach out to us again and we would be happy to assist. We are only able to hold axolotls with full payments made ahead of time. If the holding time is longer than a month, we may ask for a small holding fee to assist with labor and food of keeping the baby.
- We provide lifetime customer service for all of our customers! Please shoot us a message on our social media (Facebook, Instagram) or to our email email@example.com along with your order number and questions and one of our team members will get back to you as soon as possible! Please note that due to the volume of inquiries we get daily, there could be a wait time especially if you choose to contact us through email. We’ll try our best to get back to you as soon as possible, thank you for your understanding!
- We are unable to cancel orders that have already been sent out. If you would like to cancel an order that has not been sent out yet, according to our terms and conditions, there will be a 25% cancellation fee taken out of the refund amount. This is due to processing fees and also to avoid impulse purchases. Our babies deserve loving homes who are serious about caring for them. Purchases that are made from outside the US or from illegal states such as New Jersey, California, New Mexico, Maine, Washington D.C. will also be applied a 25% cancellation fee due to inventory adjustments and processing fees.
- At this time we are unable to ship live axolotls outside the US. We only ship live axolotls to legal US States. However we can ship merchandise internationally!
- If the tracking shows that the package is going to arrive late, chances are it will still be arriving on time, but it takes a while for the post office to update the tracking. However in the rare chance that it does arrive late, we do offer Live Arrival Guarantee! Refer to Question 12 to learn how we honor our live arrival policy.
- In the rare event that this happens, we offer Live Arrival Guarantee! Simply take a picture + video of the deceased axolotl in its unopened bag within an hour of it arriving and we will offer a free replacement or refund for you. Please note that we are unable to refund shipping costs, but replacement axolotl of the same value will be sent out free of charge. We are unable to refund for axolotls that have passed this window, once they have left our hands, it is up to their new owners to take care of them. We will provide full customer service and aid if you have any questions or concerns!
- We are unable to offer any kind of refund due to the customer’s inability to care for their axolotl. However, we can take in any axolotls in order to find new forever homes for them in the future, even if the axolotl wasn’t purchased from us originally. Please reach out to us for more details and we will be more than happy to help!
- Please contact us through our email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and we will help you out as soon as possible!